The 2014 top 10 restaurants in SA
The 2014 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards took place on 16 November at the Thunder City Airport Hangar at Cape Town International Airport. The awards are based on service delivery, popularity, location, quality of the food, and various other parameters that rate the success of each individual restaurant.
Top 10 South African restaurants of 2014:
2. Five Hundred
8. DW Eleven-13
Winners of the Additional Awards:
- Restaurant of the Year: The Test Kitchen
- Eat Out S. Pellegrino Chef of the Year: Chantel Dartnall, Restaurant Mosaic
- Grolsch Service Excellence: The Tasting Room
- Nederburg Rising Star: Kobus van der Merwe, Oep ve Koep
- Tsogo Sun Wine Service: Patson Mathonsi, DW Eleven-13
- The Lannice Snyman Lifetime Achievement Award in association with Paarl Media:
Eduan Naude and the late Brian Shalkoff
- Boschendal Style Award: Equus Dine at Cavalli
- Best Asian Restaurant: Kyoto Garden Sushi
- Best Everyday Eatery: Chefs Warehouse & Canteen
- Best Country-Style Restaurant: Café Bloom
- Best Italian Restaurant: La Sosta
- Best Steakhouse: The Local Grill (Parktown North)
For a full list of all the annual Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards winners, visit the Eat Out Awards webpage.
With the awards dealt, you can now adjust your December holiday plans to go and test whether these venues are worthy of their 2014 Mercedes-Benz Restaurant titles. Alternatively, have a look at our Word on the Street section for more November hotspots.
Text: Andy Moller
Photographs: Supplied by Restaurants