I want to live in… Rhode Island
Built to complement the curve of the New England coast it lies on, this crescent-shaped US residence, affectionately known as Seafair, boasts expansive sea views from every one of its eight en-suite bedrooms. Built in 1935, the house features an impeccable chef’s kitchen and several spacious Louis XVI-influenced reception areas. There’s an ocean-facing pool, a tennis court and a beach from which to swim or kayak. Seafair is served by two lifts, and has central air-conditioning, a service kitchen, and a full-service on-demand generator. In addition to the main house, the manicured over three-and-a-half hectare estate boasts a carriage house, a six-car garage, expansive terraces and a walled garden. It’s on the market for US$19 million with Christie’s International Real Estate (web ID: 1042542).
- Christie’s International Real Estate: christiesrealestate.com
- Rhode Island Housing: rhodeislandhousing.org
- Rhode Island Insider’s Guide: guideri.com
- RI Living(includes buyers’ guide and agent directory): riliving.com
- US Embassy & Consulates in South Africa: za.usembassy.gov
Text: Jocelyn Warrington