Spotlight on Durbanville
This provides a current snapshot of the Durbanville residential property market.
Demand indicator metrics
- Sale Listings: Properties listed for sale in Durbanville comprise approximately 22% of the total sale listings in the Durbanville area. Approximately 22% of the interest (views) in properties for sale in the Durbanville area is attributable to properties for sale in Durbanville.
- Rental Listings: Properties listed for rent in Durbanville comprise approximately 47% of the total rental listings in the Durbanville area. Approximately 48% of the interest (views) in properties for rent in the Durbanville area is attributable to properties for rent in Durbanville.
- Sale Listings: A typical property for sale in Durbanville is a four-bedroom house, currently with a median asking price of R3,3m.
- Rental Listings: A typical property for rent in Durbanville is a four-bedroom house, currently with a monthly median asking price of R23 400.
Median asking prices
- Sale Listings: The median asking prices for residential property in Durbanville are R2,91m for a house, R3,96m for a complex and R740 000 for an apartment.
- Rental Listings: The median rental prices for residential property in Durbanville are R22 100 per month for a house, R12 380 for a complex and R7 900 for an apartment.
Currently the total value of residential properties listed on Private Property in Durbanville is:
- Sales R581 974 000
- Rentals R272 000
Buying vs renting
The monthly bond repayment to purchase a typical property in Durbanville, namely a four-bedroom house with a median asking price of R3,3m, is R32 394 per month over 20 years at prime of 10.25% with no deposit. The median asking rental for the equivalent property is R23 400 per month.
These findings used market data for the period 1 February 2016 to 1 March 2016.